Tim Jones, still a birther
UPDATE, 8/15/2012: Orly Taitz is excited about Jones' ascention to the Speakership of the Missouri House: "I can’t be happier! My client in eligibility case Barnett, Keyes et al v Obama, Timothy Jones, Esq is now the Speaker of MO House of Representatives! Good going and Gods speed to Speaker Timothy Jones, Esq."
Last night, Speaker-Elect Tim Jones tweeted a message and link to an Associated Press story summarizing the results of an “investigation” conducted by disgraced Maricopa County (AZ) Sheriff Joe Arpaio concluding that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is “fraudulent.”
Rep. Jones, as you may know, was one of several plaintiffs to sue the President in federal court with Birther Queen Orly Taitz in 2009, alleging that Obama has committed numerous crimes to cover up his Kenyan citizenship. Taitz has praised Jones for joining her birther suit as a high-ranking public official, while Jones has generally preferred not to talk about his birtherism in public.
Jones joined Orly Taitz, Rep. Casey Guernsey, former Rep. Cynthia Davis, Alan Keyes and others in a 2009 federal lawsuit alleging that Obama is an illegal Kenyan immigrant. The case was dismissed, with the judge in the case called allegations presented by plaintiffs “baffling.”
[Captain Pamela Barnett, et al v. Barack Hussein Obama, et al, Central District of California, Case #: 8:09-cv-00082-DOC-AN; CBS News, October 29, 2009; Talking Points Memo, November 10, 2010]
- Jones is identified as a Missouri State Representative in the federal birther suit. Read one of the filings in Jones’ case here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/18018712/Case-809-Cv-00082-Doc-An
- Jones “wouldn’t say whether or not he believed the President is actually a citizen” when asked directly in 2010. “I think that matter was resolved, and so however it was resolved, I have not taken any further action,” Jones told PoliticMO in 2010. [PoliticMO, November 5, 2010]
- KBIA tried to ask Jones about his lawsuit in a 2009 story, “‘Birther Movement’ Continues in Missouri.” Jones refused to comment. [KBIA, December 1, 2009]
- Post-Dispatch Editorial Board: “A birther will run the House.” From a May 19th editorial on the state of General Assembly leadership: “The sad reality is that the Missouri Legislature is going to get worse before it gets better. Mr. Jones, the majority floor leader, has been tapped by his caucus to replace outgoing Speaker Steve Tilley, R-Perryville. That Mr. Jones is a former supporter of the birther lawsuits filed by Orly Taitz against President Barack Obama says about all you need to know about his level of seriousness. [Post Dispatch, May 19, 2012]
- Orly Taitz praised Jones when he was selected for House GOP leadership in 2010. “WOW, an unapologetic birther is unanimously elected to be the speker of MO House of Representatives!!!,” said Taitz. [PoliticMO, November 5, 2010]
Missourians deserve a Speaker connected to reality.
Captain Pamela Barnett, et al v. Barack Hussein Obama, et al, Central District of California, Case #: 8:09-...